An opportunity to focus on clinical practice with families, babies and children.
Please join us for the second offering of post-graduate Family Practitioner Training open to all graduates and almost graduates of a Castellino Foundation Training in the US and Europe, as well as other Foundation Trainings based on the Castellino model.
*If you have any questions about whether or not the training you attended meets the prerequisite, please contact Sandra Castellino email or 805.687.2897.
Family Practitioner Training
with Tara Blasco and Mary Jackson
and includes two modules plus 2 periods of 8-monthly meetings.
The rest of the payment schedule is outlined below.
Ray and Tara discussing their excitement about the first Family Practitioner Training ...
Open House Recording: What is the Family Practitioner Training with Tara Blasco and Mary Jackson
This training focuses on encouraging participants to move through their next growth steps - developing the skills needed to support the deepening of the quality of relationships within families and to assist parents to be with their children in the Blueprint field.
This training includes:
- Two modules
- Eight (8) monthly 3-hour Online Meetings BETWEEN modules
- Eight (8) monthly 3 to 3.5-hour Online Meetings AFTER the 2nd module
All teaching modules and monthly meetings will be held virtually. However, participants are encouraged to gather together during the modules and attend as a groups in different locations. See details below.
- discuss how to set up a Family Clinic
- set up peer support teams
- tour the BEBA Clinic
- examine the progression and steps through sessions with families with babies and children of different ages
- review videos of family sessions facilitated by Mary, Ray, and Tara from a practitioner point of view
- share decision making processes that occurred during sessions
- address supervision
- offer presentations on content of family practice
- Participants in Europe/Spain are encouraged to meet in person at el Casal (Barcelona Province) to attend the zoom sessions together. During their free time in the mornings/early afternoons they are asked to practice exercises and sessions with each other as well as have a practice session day on the 3rd day of the module.
- Participants in the US are encouraged to meet in person with peers, wherever they want/can do so. Maybe meet in small pods at different locations. They are asked to practice exercises and sessions in the afternoons as well as have a practice session day on the 3rd day of the module.
Dates of the two modules
9am - 2pm PT (with a break 11am - 12pm)
plus ~3 hours of exercise time (3 - 6pm PT) in pods during the afternoon (or the morning of the next day if in Europe) after Day 1, Day 2, and Day 4
- November 1-5, 2023 (please note November 5, 2023 the US/CA clocks change. Thus, Day 5 may start at a different time depending on your time zone)
- Oct 26-30, 2024 (please note Oct 27, 2024 European clocks change. Thus, Days 2-4 may start at a different time than Day 1 depending on your time zone)
Format of each module
- Day 1 & 2 - teaching days
- Day 3 - session day (in pods)
- Day 4 & 5 - teaching days
- Working with families with sleep issues,
- sibling rivalry,
- integrating new siblings into the family,
- processing traumatic births,
- blended families
- and more.
In the zoom sessions after module 2, each participant will:
- be asked to prepare and present clips from sessions that you facilitated
- receive supervision and feedback support about the session.
Presenting a clip of your own work is a requisite for graduation.
Dates ~ Online Meetings
Between Module 1 & Module 2
10am - 1pm PT (please check your local time)
- Thursday, December 7, 2023
- Friday, January 19, 2024
- Thursday, February 22, 2024
- Thursday, March 21, 2024 (Mary only)
- Thursday, April 18, 2024
- Thursday, May 16, 2024
- Thursday, June 27, 2024
- Thursday, July 25, 2024
no meetings August, September 2024
After Module 2
10am - 1/1:30pm PT (please check your local time)
- Friday November 22, 2024
- Thursday, December 19, 2024
- Thursday, January 23, 2025
- Friday, February 28, 2025
- Thursday, March 20, 2025 (Mary only)
- Thursday, April 17, 2025
- Thursday, May 22, 2025
- Thursday, June 19, 2025
Enrollment steps are as follows:
- Confirm you meet the pre-requisites (as described below). If there are any questions, please contact Sandra Castellino first before registration.
- Pay non-refundable deposit ~ EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT if payment received by Sept 8th ($690, or $650 early bird) here or mail a check ($665, or $625 early bird, postmarked by 9/2/23).
- Complete four (4) remaining payments ~ $690 each (if paid by PayPal or CC) or $665 (if paid by cash/check/MO) by the dates listed below.
- Oct 2, 2023 (postmarked by Sept 27 if paid by cash/check/MO)
- Feb 6, 2024 (postmarked by Feb 1 if paid by cash/check/MO)
- Sept 26, 2024 (postmarked by Sept 21 if paid by cash/check/MO)
- Jan 29, 2025 (postmarked by Jan 24 if paid by cash/check/MO)
$5/day up to 5% of amount due will be applied to all late payments.
Payments via PayPal are considered late if they are not received by the due date.
Payments by check/cash/money order are considered late if not postmarked at least 5 days prior to the due date if mailed from within the US or 7 days prior to the due date if mailed from outside the US.
The deposit is non-refundable.
Other payments will be refunded for any part of the training that has not yet occurred. Payments for the online monthly meetings is due after these meetings start to help spread out the payments. For anyone who cancels after the monthly meetings begin will be charged for meetings that already have taken place and payment not yet received.
For non-refundable deposits:
- please use Enroll/Deposit button on this webpage for payment.
- or send payment via check/money order as described below.
For Check/MO payments:
- checks/money orders should be postmarked at least 5 days before payment is due (or at least 7 days if mailed from outside of the US).
- please make checks/MO payable to: Castellino Training
- send payments to: Castellino Training, 1105 N Ontare Road, Santa Barbara, CA. 93105
For PayPal (for remaining payments):
- send to: s[email protected] as "goods and services," NOT "friends and family."
- Graduates of a Castellino Foundation Training, in the US or Europe.
- Students of a Foundation Training who are almost complete.That is, students who have attended most of the Foundation Training, but may still some homework or womb surrounds to complete, or a module to make-up.
- Graduates of a full Castellino-model Foundation Training with teachers other than Ray, Mary, and Tara. If you have any question of whether or not the training you have taken meets this requirement, please contact Sandra Castellino.
Please contact with any questions or if you have taken a Foundation Training with someone other than Mary, Tara, or Ray and therefore need prior approval.
- Sandra Castellino
- [email protected]
- Complete requirements to graduate from a Foundation Training (if you hadn't before the beginning of this training).
- Attend all modules and monthly online meetings. Or fulfill the make-up requirements, including watching Zoom recordings plus completing exercises with other participants or assistants, and submitting write-ups for each.
- Present a video of your work with families in the supervision format.
- Complete payment for the Family Practitioner Training as well as the Foundation Training.
Tara has a Ph.D in prenatal and perinatal psychology from the Santa Barbara Graduate Institute, and has worked at the BEBA clinic since 2001. Currently, she is the director of the BEBA clinic and was the co-director with Ray Castellino until he passed in December 2020. She works as the facilitator at the Ojai BEBA clinic and offers online sessions. She is a certified craniosacral therapist. She is a Certified Womb Surround Process Workshop facilitator through Castellino training. She co-teaches Dr. Castellino’s Foundation Training in Spain and in the US together with Ray Castellino (until he passed) and Mary Jackson. She is the co-director of the non profit organization Global Resource Alliance dedicated to the alleviation of poverty and disease, and supporting communities in the Mara region of Tanzania.
Mary Jackson has been married since 1987, is the mother of 2 children who were born at home, and has been featured in 11 books and 5 movies. Mary has been a home birth Midwife since 1975. She has attended over 2,500 births in the Santa Barbara, Ventura, and Ojai, California areas and is now attending the home births of her second generation of babies. She is a certified Castellino Process Workshop Leader and co-teaches the Castellino Pre and Perinatal Training. In the first year after incorporating these pre and perinatal approaches in her midwifery practice her home to hospital transfer rate went from 20% to 6%. Mary is participating in cutting edge research about imprints that occur around the time of conception, pregnancy and birth and how they affect us throughout the rest of our lives and what it takes to heal from challenges in these experiences. She is a frequent speaker at national and international conferences and leads trainings throughout the world.